Friday 1 May 2015

May day! May day!

Well it is May 1st, 2015 and I am almost a year behind on blogging. Damn - time flies.  I have gotten myself into a place in my stitching habits where I find myself starting many things and finishing few. Although, I do have projects that I have completed since my last post almost a year ago.

The Frosty Forest is complete. I'm so very proud of this piece.  It was fun getting the patterns and buttons monthly and I never lost interest in it the entire time.  I did change the block in the middle. I took a house from another Country Cottage design and changed the colours to match the other blocks. The other elements in the center block are just snippets from the other patterns.

Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks on Foggy Morning Opal 32 count linen by Crafty Kitten 


I was also able to buy a frame from the local farmers market for this piece. I really like how it turned out.  I also secured a frame for Needleworker by Little House Needleworks that I stitched awhile back.  Getting a piece framed is so satisfying.




Another piece that I was able to complete was something I stitched on a whim. It was fall and the time was right and it had such adorable kitties on it. Here is "Here Kitty Kitty" by County Cottage Needleworks. I did change some of the kitties to match some of my favorite feline friends. My goal is to make a little pillow out of this I think.  

Here Kitty Kitty by Country Cottage Needleworks on 28 count Light Exemplar Linen. 



The only other full finish I had was called Woodland Sampler by The Frosted Forest.  I have no real reason for stitching this other than it just really appealed to me at the time and it was so cute and whimsical.  I stitched this on 28 count Lemon Sorbet jobelan by Crafty Kitten.  


I also did a RR block for a friend. I chose Cassiopia from Mirabilia. I changed her direction and made her my own a bit, but she turned out very pretty, if I do say so myself. 




Right now I have in the works - Still Persephone by Mirabilia.. I keep stitching and stitching and I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere... 


Lizzie Kate Mystery Sampler: Things Unseen - I have part 1 done: 


At the Met by Mirabilia: my current and active project. I feel like I'm getting close to finish and I don't want to really trump my finish - so here is a close up for you... I'm using Hint of Autumn by Crafty Kitten for this one.  


Finally I am working on a huge project for me. It is a pattern by Colour Cascade Fabrics. I won it on Facebook. I decided I wasn't going to take the prize unless I was going to stitch it.  This is called: The Lovely Lady - the pattern is 55 pages long.  I'm doing it 2 threads over 1 on 25 count.  I think I will be working on this one for years! 


See... a lot on the go. I'm trying for finishes at this point.  Once again, a loose promise to blog more often.  Feel free to share links to the blog and if using them please give me credit for the photos.  I haven't watermarked them because I am hoping I don't really have to.  Thank you for reading. 

I hope you get lots of stitching time.  
Jocelyn 





6 comments:

  1. Hi
    Wow all is so beautiful:
    stitching, fabrics You used, frames are perfect...
    My favourites are Mirabilia stitching, I adore them.
    ciao Giovanna from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great projects!
    Love the fabric used for Frosty Forest, it looks fantastic.
    The middle block is cute with the changes.
    You've got some nice projects going.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing stitching! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching! Well done on such lovely finishes! Those frames really do look awesome! I hope that you manage to blog a little more often, I've missed seeing your wonderful WIP's and finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous stitching ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I found you! (we are friends on facebook and for some reason I never connected that this was your blog!) There are so many fun things here, I have never seen your Lovely Lady (most likely because she is not a Mirabilia and therefore not allowed on Mira Mira on the Wall, which is too bad for she really is the fairest of them all) and I am in LOVE!!! I cannot wait to see more of her, all of them really you have exciting projects in hand at the moment! The Maiden AKA Joy

    ReplyDelete