Monday, 11 June 2012

A Blissful Finish

She is done. She is finally done. I had a bit of a hard time finishing her wings - my fault - went a bit off pattern, which always turns out harder to correct than you think it should.  I am happy to share with you... My Bliss Fairy!

She is on beautiful 28 count jazlyn Summer Sky by Crafty Kitten. I made a few changes to the original pattern:

I gave her an opened eye and changed the arc of her eyebrow. I also changed the blue beads - they called for Magnifica Sky Blues - but I used a glass seeds - I will check on the colour and update it here. 

Although not evident here I added glisten gloss to her wings blended with the lightest colour yellow. This design, surprisingly has no Kreinik!

I also left out the anthers (thank you google) on the flowers. I stitched them all and when I took a step back I found them very distracting to the overall design. I unpicked them all! 

Overall I love this design. I'm very happy with the way she turned out. I love her colours and she brought me peace in a tumultuous time. On the day I finished her we officially decided to take our house off the market. My husband was offered a full time permanent job in the city we work now - so that takes away that pressure and stress! I am thankful that it all worked out. I believe it was divine intervention that the house didn't sell after all. 


  1. Looks amazing, the fabric choice is lovely and really sets it off well. Great job and lovely stitching!

  2. Hola querida,

    He visto tu blog en el grupo de Mirabilla de facebook, y este bordado esta precioso, me encanta!!!!!!

  3. She's gorgeous! Congratulations! I love the changes you gave her. Made her all the more beautiful.


  4. Hi Jocelyn! Your fairy is very, very wonderful.
    I like mirabilia and i would like to embroider the bliss fairy.
    Many lovely greats from germany, Katrin***