Monday 23 July 2012

Pleased to post... Peony Pixie

My Kreinik finally came in and I took the opportunity to finish Peony right away. She is so gorgeous. Love the bright and happy colours. I stitched this for my 8 year old daughter Kailee.  I have the frame ready to go but my husband used my foam core board to cover the window for the air conditioner...do I hear a trip to Michael's in my future?

With out any further ado, here is little Peony by Nora Corbett....stitched on 28 count Apricot Blush by Crafty Kitten.





What else is new on the agenda? I have been working away at Farmer's Market - still stitching in hand - still loving it. I am expecting to get my next RR to work on any minute - it is mermaid tails - so that should be a fun one to do.... despite all this I still have a hankering to work on a new start.... Dressmaker's Daughter by Mirabilia. Have you guys seen this? Wow. I have the floss, the beads, the pattern, the fabric  and today I finally got the Waterlilies. Very excited to have Waterlilies in my collection.  There are two Crescent Colours in there - that is for my Rhythm's hair. 


Now the only choice is what fabric - I have three contenders. One is Deep Teal, one is Deep Teal with a blue overdye and the third is called light Amaretto. Here is the Teal with blue and the Amaretto with the background colour for the dress boxes: 


I have gotten a lot of feedback from my Facebook friends and the vote is split. I am leaning towards the amaretto because I think it will be an easier colour to use in my decorating for the future once it is framed. Also another member in our Facebook group is doing it on deep teal - it is stunning - however, I feel I must be a little different. 

Today Nora generously showed us a sketch of a future project she is working on.  I am so grateful that Nora  feels comfortable and trusting in our Facebook group and loves her Mira Minions enough to show us a peek into her life.  Thanks Nora. We love you. 







1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I must say I LOVE it! Congratulations on your finish and I am very excited for your new start! I vote for amaretto, I like how it warms up the colors of floss. We three at mother maiden crone are Mira obsessed, how does one become a Minion?

    ReplyDelete